Vacancies for PhD students
Do you (soon) have your Masters degree, and do you love to really understand what you are doing?
Do you want to learn a lot? Do you want to push the limits of science and IC design? Do you want to have a solid start of your career? Then a PhD position could be an interesting option for you!
There are several new PhD projects on its way! For these interesting research projects, often in close cooperation with the microelectronics or telecom industry, we are looking for excellent candidates. We have access to modern silicon technologies, test and CAD equipment, good pay for the PhD students and most important: great fun together!
After you have received the PhD degree after 4 years, the world is yours! There are many many national and international job opportunities for our highly qualified Doctors.
You need an MSc degree with excellent results. We can hire only about 3 PhD students a year, so we must be very selective. If you think you have a chance, then give it a try!
PhD projects start when funding is available, which could be at any time during the year, so there's no need to start in September.
Send your application to Bram Nauta. Please don't send multiple applications to different members of the ICD group, as we maintain one pool of applicants.
- A brief letter of interest and motivation, including the date from which you will be available.
- Curriculum Vitae (listing the time of education/degrees and work experience and any relevant scientific publications).
- If English is not your native language, a document stating either an overall band score of 6.5 in an academic IELTS-test (International Language Test), or an internet based TOEFL (TOEFL-iBT) with a score of at least 22 for each of the four categories.
- The e-mail addresses of two references that we may contact, who are familiar with your academic work and can judge your potential to be a PhD student.
- Copies of exam results (both bachelor and master) and certificates.
- Copies of (up to 5) scientific works, including master thesis.
PhD student labour conditions
PhD students will be employed for a period of 4 years, with an evaluation after 1 year. The remuneration is in accordance with the Dutch universities collective labor agreement (CAO-NU) and ranges from € 2042 gross per month in the first year to € 2612 gross per month in the fourth year. Your main responsibility will be to carry out research, but you will also be expected to assist in the group's teaching activities.